Everything you need to know about VIPR 2019
In this era of drastic change in healthcare, it is crucial that health information technology also changes and adapts.
The GLHC community health record, known as the Virtual Integrated Patient Record (VIPR) is getting a makeover in January 2019. The changes are in direct response to evolving needs of the community. GLHC will continue to provide the best technology and customer support for years to come.
VIPR 2019 will help support how organizations continue to reinvent care delivery, enhance the care experience, and reduce the cost of care.
- Improved patient search
- Improved navigation within the tool
- Laboratory results shown as a trend
- Patient demographics details on one page
- Temporary patient consolidation view
- More robust allergy information
- Easy access to high-usage documents
- Faster, more responsive interface
- User access managed by the practice/org.
- GLHC manages pace of changes
Over 200 hospitals, ambulatory offices, and other organizations across Michigan contribute clinical information and patient care documents to VIPR. Health information from 13 states is also available in VIPR! The list of contributors is available in PDF and Excel format.
VIPR Administrator Training
During this one hour webinar, GLHC staff will explain the changes coming to VIPR in January 2019 as they specifically relate to the new functionality for VIPR Admins (i.e. User Management). All VIPR Admins that access VIPR through the web/URL should attend one training or watch a recorded webinar training.
- Wednesday, December 12 from 9:30 – 10:30 am EST – Review the presentation slides here!
- Tuesday, December 18 from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
- Thursday, December 20 from 2:30 – 3:30 pm EST
VIPR User Training
During this one hour webinar, GLHC staff will explain the changes coming to VIPR in January 2019! We’ll cover the basics of how to use the tool and highlight all of the new features! GLHC recommends that all VIPR users attend a webinar training or listen to a recorded webinar. Training guides are available on the GLHC website (at the time of training).
- Wednesday, December 12 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST – Review the presentation slides here!
- Friday, December 14 from 8:30 – 9:30 am EST
- Monday, December 17 from 3:30 – 4:30 pm EST
- Thursday, December 20 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST
- Thursday, December 27 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST
- Friday, January 4 from 9:00 – 10:00 am EST
- Wednesday, January 9 from 4:00 – 5:00 pm EST
- Friday January 11 from 9:00 – 10:00 am EST
Legacy VIPR Resources
How to log in for the first time (URL/Web Access Only)
- Initial Login, Password Reset, Account Unlock Instructions
- First time log in, resetting, and lock out VIDEO
- VIPR User Guide (full length)
- Printing Multiple Result User Guide
- Single Sign On (SSO) User Guide
Advanced User Guides
- Interface Changes (August 2017)
- Configuring Computer
- Documents Tab
- Encounters Tab
- Patient Profile
- Printing Multiple Results
Linking Duplicate Patients
- Submit the “Request to Link Patients” form (updated 11/09/2017) to firstname.lastname@example.org through secure email. Please allow 10 business days for processing.
Privacy and Security
- Protecting patient health information is a top priority. The following VIPR Privacy and Security reminders will help all VIPR users honor the privacy commitments made to patients.