Everything you need to know about VIPR
In this era of drastic change in healthcare, it is crucial that health information technology also changes and adapts. One of the ways that GLHC is changing and adapting is by updating the community health record, known as the Virtual Integrated Patient Record (VIPR)! With this change, GLHC will continue to provide the best technology and customer support for years to come.
VIPR 2019 helps support how organizations continue to reinvent care delivery, enhance the care experience, and reduce the cost of care.
Benefits of VIPR 2019
- Improved patient search
- Improved navigation within the tool
- Laboratory results shown as a trend
- Patient demographics details on one page
- Temporary patient consolidation view
- More robust allergy information
- Easy access to high-usage documents
- Faster, more responsive interface
- User access managed by VIPR Admins, not GLHC
- GLHC manages pace of changes
- April 2019 – New features and improvements will be seen by all users.
- August-September 2019 – The Programs tab will be seen by all users, the Solution Center (an improved login page and addition of a home page) will only be seen by VIPR URL/web users.
Over 200 hospitals, ambulatory offices, and other organizations across Michigan contribute clinical information and patient care documents to VIPR. Health information from 13 states is also available in VIPR! The list of contributors is available in Excel and PDF format.
Protecting patient health information is a top priority. The following VIPR Privacy and Security reminders will help all VIPR users honor the privacy commitments made to patients.
Click below to find customized VIPR Resources.
VIPR Administrators, called Organization Administrators (Org Admins) within the GLHC Solution Center, are responsible for managing user accounts. This includes creating, editing, and deactivating accounts.
Great Lakes Health Connect encourages all Admins to review the training slides and webinar recording prior to performing any user management activities. The step-by-step materials explain the expanded role of VIPR Administrators.
Admin Training Webinars
- March 14 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm – Click here to download the presentation slides!
- March 18 from 8:30 – 9:30 am – Click here to download the presentation slides!
Linking Duplicate Patients
VIPR User Training
VIPR makes is easier for you to find clinical information from across the state. Use this essential clinical information to enhance patient care and reduce duplication of services! Each organization has an Administrator that can assist you with account management and training.
If you access VIPR through the secure web portal / URL, you’ll need to go to a new URL/link (provided by your Administrator) and create a new password!
These training materials cover the basics of how to use updated VIPR and highlight all of the new features! GLHC recommends that all VIPR users review the training materials prior to using the updated tool. Read about the most recent changes!
User Training Webinars
- March 15 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm – Click here to download the presentation slides!
- March 18 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm – Click here to download the presentation slides!
Single Sign On Resources
Some organizations work with GLHC to make using VIPR seamless for their staff members by creating a link between their electronic medical record (EMR) system and VIPR. This eliminates the need for users to log in separately and to search for patients.
This single sign on process is unique for every organization and every EMR system. These training materials cover the basics of how to use updated VIPR and highlight all of the new features! GLHC recommends that all VIPR users review the training materials prior to using the updated tool. Read about the most recent changes!
In 2012, Michigan hospitals began contributing clinical information to Great Lakes Health Connect to have it organized by patient and be made available to the greater healthcare community. Since then, the number of organizations contributing clinical information and/or using the information to enhance care and reduce costs has grown exponentially.
GLHC launched (legacy) VIPR and expanded the network on an initial platform. In 2018, GLHC began working with new technology and took on a larger role in the technical support of the tool on a new platform. This update is called VIPR 2019.
In March 2019, GLHC transitioned all VIPR users to VIPR 2019.