Honor Patient Wishes
Patient Care Documents are a patient’s roadmap for future healthcare decisions
When wishes and treatment plans are honored by those involved in care, the patient receives enhanced care. When their needs are heard, they, and their family, experience less stress.
Don’t let patient needs get lost in the wide world of healthcare. Upload patient care documents to GLHC’s community health record, called the Virtual Integrated Patient Record (VIPR). VIPR is a secure repository that makes documents and other clinical information electronically available at the point of care to participating health care organizations and providers.
Making Choices Michigan is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, community collaborative committed to determining a person’s end-of-life preferences, documenting those preferences in an advance directive (AD), developing a system for storing and retrieving the AD, and educating the healthcare community to honor a person’s AD to ensure that end-of-life preferences are respected.
Types of Patient Care Documents (PCDs)
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare (DPOAH)
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finance (DPOA)
- Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment
- Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNR)
- Statement of Treatment Preference (SOTP)
- Organ Donation
- Action Plans (including Pain Management, Asthma, Diabetes, Cardiovascular)
- Patient Care Plans
Benefits to Uploading
- Support and Enhance Patient Centered Care
- Provide Real Time Access to Information
- Expedite Treatment and Care Planning
- Empower Patients, Families, and Advocates
- Support Triple Aim goals
Types of Organizations Contributing PCDs
As of March 2018 there were 67 organizations contributing and 186 Registered Submitters.
- Community Organizations
- Federally Qualified Health Clinic (FQHC)
- Home Health Agencies
- Hospice Agencies
- Inpatient Hospital Clinics
- Online Health Care Organizations
- National Organizations
- Outpatient Providers
- Physician Hospital Organizations
- Senior Living Centers
- Skilled Nursing and Long Term Care