It is that time of year again! Healthcare information technology professionals of every size and shape are preparing for the 2020 Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Global Conference. HIMSS20 will happen from March 9-13, 2020 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. More than 45,000 attendees will gather to learn about and discuss every aspect of health information technology.
Great Lakes Health Connect is excited to present with the Greater Flint Healthcare Coalition. The presentation is titled “Leveraging HIE in SDOH Engagement and Reduced ED Utilization”. Join us on March 11 from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm (Session ID: 143)!
Professionals from across the global health ecosystem will connect for the education, innovation, and collaboration they need to reimagine health and wellness for everyone, everywhere. In a time of unprecedented healthcare disruption, HIMSS20 calls health information and technology professionals around the world to one essential, simple, bold action: Be the change.
Understandably, the event plays a significant role in the collective consciousness of the industry, even influencing the common lexicon of the industry. For the last several years, Great Lakes Health Connect has attempted to gauge what topics are top of mind in the industry based on the words and phrases used most frequently by attendees, speakers, vendors, and colleagues. These observations reveal patterns and trends that provide insight into the health-tech industry zeitgeist.
In advance of HIMSS20, we invite you to contribute your predictions for what will be the dominant buzzword at the conference. Cast your vote! Following the conference, we will publish the results with our own observations.
The required legal-ish disclaimers
- The “HIMSS20 Buzzword of the Year” is for entertainment purposes only. All responses are the personal opinion of the participants and entirely arbitrary. No scientific method or statistically significant standards, real or implied, have been used in its creation, execution, results, or reporting.
- Anyone with an opinion is eligible to participate.
- The “HIMSS20 Buzzword of the Year” aspires to be a trademark of Great Lakes Health Connect. Stealing it would just be mean.
- GLHC borrowed the “#HIMSS20” hashtag from HIMSS. No formal agreement for its use exists between the two entities, and its use does not reflect any endorsement by HIMSS.
- The only prize and or remuneration for participation in the “HIMSS20 Buzzword of the Year” survey is the satisfaction of knowing that you are a smart cookie.