Want to know the HIMSS19 Buzzword? Check out the results!
Health IT stakeholders and organizations of every size and shape are preparing for the 2019 Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Global Conference. HIMSS19 takes place from February 11-15 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. More than 45,000 attendees will gather to learn about and discuss every aspect of health information technology
Understandably, the event plays a significant role in the collective consciousness of the industry, even influencing our common lexicon. For the last several years, Great Lakes Health Connect has attempted to gauge what topics are top of mind in the industry based on the words and phrases used most frequently by attendees, speakers, vendors, and colleagues. These observations reveal patterns and trends that provide insight into the health-tech industry zeitgeist.
In advance of HIMSS19, we invite you to contribute your predictions for what will be the dominant buzzword(s) at the conference. Following the conference, we will publish the results with our own observations.
The requisite legal-ish disclaimers:
- The “HIMSS19 Buzzword of the Year” is intended for entertainment purposes only. All responses are the personal opinion of the participants and entirely arbitrary. No scientific method or statistically significant standards, real or implied, have been used in its creation, execution, results, or reporting.
- Anyone with an opinion is eligible to participate.
- The “HIMSS19 Buzzword of the Year” aspires to be a trademark of Great Lakes Health Connect. Stealing it would just be mean.
- GLHC borrowed the “#HIMSS19” hashtag from HIMSS. No formal agreement for its use exists between the two entities, and its use does not reflect any endorsement by HIMSS.
- The only prize and or remuneration for participation in the “HIMSS19 Buzzword of the Year” survey is the satisfaction of knowing that you are a pretty smart cookie. Gosh, we are impressed!