The 2017 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition, February 19–23, 2017 in Orlando, brings together 40,000+ health IT professionals, clinicians, executives and vendors from around the world. Exceptional education, world-class speakers, cutting-edge health IT products and powerful networking are hallmarks of this industry-leading conference.
Title: Enhancing Community Mental Health Care Delivery with HIE
Presenters: Doug Dietzman, Executive Director GLHC and Michael Harding, Deputy Director Washtenaw County Community Mental Health
What: Breakout Session (#109) – “Enhancing Community Mental Health Care Delivery with HIE” at the 2017 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Integrated access to patients’ behavioral health information is critical to achieving Triple Aim goals.
- Concerns related to privacy, policy and legality hinders the effective electronic sharing of behavioral health data.
- GLHC’s seamless and secure HIE applications are assisting in the sharing of critical patient information.
This 60 minute presentation will explore the opportunities and challenges involved in integrating physical health data with the delivery of behavioral health services through the use of HIE technology.
- For over 10 years Washtenaw County Community Mental Health has been a leader in bridging behavioral and physical health through its integrated health efforts, and is among the first behavioral health organizations in the nation to share behavioral health information because of their partnership with GLHC.
- The two-way sharing of information is improving quality of care, enhancing patient safety, and reducing costs in Washtenaw County.
- Expanded patient health information sharing has reduced costs by eliminating the duplication of costly metabolic testing by as much as 200 panels per month, an estimated annual savings of $72,000 per year.
Date: February 22, 2017
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Location: Room #207C