VIPR 2019 goes live on March 19, 2019
Great Lakes Health Connect (GLHC) has been a community resource, technology expert, and national thought leader for the better part of 10 years. The GLHC network of healthcare providers and organizations spans Michigan and the entire care continuum. GLHC solutions complement existing workflows, deliver the right information to the right person at the right time, and meet the highest privacy and security standards.
In this era of drastic change in healthcare, it is crucial that health information technology also changes and adapts.
One of the ways that GLHC is changing and adapting is by updating the community health record, known as the Virtual Integrated Patient Record (VIPR)!
With this change, GLHC will continue to provide the best technology and customer support for years to come.
VIPR 2019 will help support how organizations continue to reinvent care delivery, enhance the care experience, and reduce the cost of care.
A Robust Understanding of Patient Care History
Better information leads to more accurate diagnosis and treatment, meaning you can give your patients the care that meets their individual needs. VIPR gives you access to essential clinical information.
Reduced Redundancy, Improved Outcomes
VIPR helps healthcare organizations and providers:
- Improve quality of patient care
- Reduce the duplication of services
- Lower healthcare costs
- Coordinate physical care, behavioral care, and social services
- Be more efficient – referencing one place for essential clinical information
Benefits of VIPR 2019
- Improved patient search
- Improved navigation within the tool
- Laboratory results shown as trends
- Patient demographics details on one page
- Temporary patient consolidation view
- Easy access to high-usage documents
- Faster, more responsive interface
- User access managed by VIPR Admins, not GLHC
- GLHC manages pace of changes
Protecting patient information is a top priority as we collaborate with healthcare providers to improve health outcomes and healthcare value for patients. GLHC follows all Michigan and Federal laws when storing, organizing, and sharing health information.
Those who access protected health information are subject to strict privacy laws under HIPAA and must have a Treatment, Payment, or Operations (TPO) relationship with the patient.
VIPR is regularly audited to prevent unauthorized access to patient information.
Three Easy Ways to Access VIPR
- Web/URL Access – Use any internet browser to navigate to VIPR! After logging in, the straightforward patient search and user interface makes it easy to find the information you need to take care of your patients!
- Single Sign On – Use your EMR log in to go straight into VIPR. This eliminates the need to an additional username and password! It also looks at the patient the user is viewing in the EMR and brings up their record in VIPR, meaning the user spends no time spent searching for patients!
- Query and Retrieve – This access option scans all of the data in VIPR and brings it back in an organized Continuity of Care Document (CCD)!