Healthcare Results. Delivered.
We’re a Patient-Focused Healthcare Tool
Great Lakes Health Connect (GLHC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, offering the most comprehensive, flexible, and secure portfolio of HIE products and services in Michigan.
While these tools are important, GLHC also strives to be a true partner, implementing real solutions to the challenges facing healthcare providers. We are committed to our role as a resource to support you and your goals.
We strive to enhance the patient experience, improve health outcomes, and reduce costs across the communities we serve.
To achieve this vision and fill our role as a community resource and valuable healthcare tool, we offer the following:
- A wealth of healthcare information technology solutions
- Consistent guidance and partnership through project and workflow implementation
- A network of 129 hospitals and 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care organizations
- A registry that securely houses over 10 million unique patient records
- Intelligent, timely, and automated clinical results and event notifications to keep you updated on your patient’s well-being
While we offer the technology that will keep you connected to your patients, it’s not just about the tech. We’re patient-focused and human-centered, just like you. Our technology helps build connections, but our staff helps grow relationships and are here for support, guidance, and to help you address your unique challenges.
Let’s Improve Healthcare Outcomes, Together
We’re more than an information provider, we’re another member of your team. We want to partner with the patients, providers, organizations, and communities we serve to promote secure access to health information. This means the advancement of patient care delivery, coordination, and a higher quality of healthcare outcomes.
The Goals of Great Lakes Health Connect:
- To improve communication among healthcare providers and to provide the right patient care and experience at the right time based on the best available information.
- To improve the care received by patients served by our participants and to reduce medical errors associated with the often inaccurate and incomplete information available to providers of medical care.
- To reduce the time required and financial burdens of exchanging health information among healthcare providers and across communities.
- To improve the efficiency and value of our participant’s electronic health record (EHR) investments and to assist community care givers in accessing and sharing health information.